Any person or organisation may nominate a child for review by the Expert Committee. To nominate a child a nomination form must be filled. All nominations should comply with the following requirements:
- An individual boy or girl (groups of children will not be considered);
- Above 12 years and under 18 years of age; (the child should not be older than 17 years by the time of the nomination deadline)
- From all over the world;
- The child must have a clear history of standing up and fighting for the rights of him/herself and other children. It is important that the child has an active approach in accomplishing this goal, which has led to a concrete result;
- Ability to travel abroad and feeling comfortable communicating with other people;
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize.